PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS AND TUTORIALS FROM HURRICANE IMAGES INC.
POWERFUL INTIMATE VIDEOGRAPHY / PHOTOGRAPHY | www.hurricaneimagesinc.com

Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 19, Learning 19: Better Lightroom workflow

Selecting images is one of the more tedious parts of the process for me, so this learning got put to immediate use.  In Lightroom (my first stop for editing photos) you can use the Survey mode to select just the similar images from your shoot.


Now you've got a smaller group of larger images to view.  I delete my least favorite images, and give the others one star:

If I have a lot of images I try not to be too picky.  I go through all of my different sets this way.  And then I use the Filter function (lower right of screen) to view only the starred items.  If I still have too many, I repeat the process, giving the next "winners" two stars.  It's often easier to think in terms of eliminating the worst photos as opposed to selecting the best.  Whittle your way down....

No comments:

Post a Comment